This vegetarian Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza is ideal for summer time get-togethers. In this recipe, candy corn meets smoky roasted poblano pepper.
I’m a recipe hoarder. I subscribe to a bunch of cooking magazines and minimize out recipes fairly liberally. Because I’ve so many recipes saved, a recipe has to actually rock my socks if I’m going to make it once more. It can’t simply be good, it needs to be good.
The first time I made this Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza recipe from Cooking Light, we liked it a lot that we made it once more the following week. And now, 7 years later, it’s turn into a summer time custom of ours. As quickly as I begin seeing recent corn on the farmers market or grocery retailer, I make this pizza. And then I’ll make it each few weeks for so long as corn is in season. LIke I stated, it’s uncommon that I make the identical recipe greater than as soon as, however this pizza is one which we by no means get bored with. In truth, I’m fairly assured that when you strive it, will probably be your new summer time custom too.
Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- 1 giant poblano chile
- olive oil mister or cooking spray
- 2 cup recent corn kernels (about four ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped inexperienced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 giant egg whites
- 1 giant egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/four tsp freshly floor black pepper
- 1 cup (four oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (13.eight oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tbsp chopped recent cilantro
- 2 tbsp fat-free bitter cream (non-obligatory)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place poblano chile on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 10 minutes or till blackened and charred, turning midway by cooking time.
- Lower oven temperature to 425°F.
- Place pepper in a zip-top bag and seal; let stand 10 minutes. Carefully take away pores and skin, seeds, and stem, then chop pepper.
- Heat giant skillet over medium-high warmth. Coat pan with oil or cooking spray. Add corn, inexperienced onions, garlic, and zucchini; sauté 2 minutes or till simply starting to brown. Stir in milk; cook dinner over medium warmth three–four minutes or till liquid has nearly evaporated. Cool barely.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively egg whites, egg, salt, and pepper. Stir in poblano pepper, corn combination, and cheese.
- Unroll pizza dough onto parchment paper. It ought to kind a 13 x eight inch rectangle; if it doesn’t, use your arms to form it into one. Spread corn combination over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold fringe of dough over corn combination. Bake for 12–15 minutes or till set. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with bitter cream (if utilizing).
- Serving Size: 1 slice of pizza
This submit was initially printed on 27 July 2011.